BrightPoint recorded significant losses for calendar Q2 just as Ingram Micro was preparing to table an offer of $850m for the wireless device and services distie. In results filed last night, the firm turned over $1.27bn (£814m), up three per cent year-on-year for the period ended 30 June. This included $1.14bn from product …
Undoubtedly some house cleaning here but nonetheless, component distribution margin of just over 3% does raise the question of just how far it can drop. Anything generally less than 4% becomes unsustainable on a consistent basis. This is one of the biggest challenges Distribution faces at a time also when incremental volume within broad liners is only achievable through acquisition.
Logistics, at roughly 11% of revenue contributed some 56% of total gross profit.
- Ireland's tech sector fears fallout of Brexit 'Yes' vote
- Q. What's the difference between smartphones and that fad diet you all got bored of? A. Nothing
- Central gov spent £6.3bn on IT. Nearly half handed to just 3 suppliers
- Analysis Food for Deep Thought: 42 is IBM's answer to Life, the Universe and Everything...
- WD’s revenue wheels have fallen off. Profits are sinking, too