BrightPoint recorded significant losses for calendar Q2 just as Ingram Micro was preparing to table an offer of $850m for the wireless device and services distie. In results filed last night, the firm turned over $1.27bn (£814m), up three per cent year-on-year for the period ended 30 June. This included $1.14bn from product …
Undoubtedly some house cleaning here but nonetheless, component distribution margin of just over 3% does raise the question of just how far it can drop. Anything generally less than 4% becomes unsustainable on a consistent basis. This is one of the biggest challenges Distribution faces at a time also when incremental volume within broad liners is only achievable through acquisition.
Logistics, at roughly 11% of revenue contributed some 56% of total gross profit.
- Bill Gates – I WISH I was like Zuck and spoke Chinese. Yep, I drink poo
- Spartan on Windows 7? Microsoft is 'watching demand'
- Horrifying iPhone sales bring Apple $18bn profit A QUARTER
- HMRC fails to plan for £10.4bn contract exit... because it's 'too risky'
- Oracle-Sun anniversary Five years of Sun software under Oracle: Were the critics right?