PC supplier Stone Group's founder and long-standing CEO James Bird is leaving the organisation, The Channel understands. Sources in the sector claim Bird informed private equity backers RJD Partners of his plans to exit the organisation some months ago and is currently working a notice period that is believed to end in November …
Stone's loss..the 'rock' moves on
Stone without James Bird is not the same business but now perhaps is the right time for him to leave. James is one of a select band of 100% genuine, talented, honest and hard-working characters I've met in this industry sector. Not sure he will put his feet up and relax but time will tell!
- PC makers REALLY need Windows 8.1 to walk on water - but guess what?
- Pic AXE-WAVING BIKER GANG SMASHES into swanky Apple UK store
- Microsoft lures buy-curious vixens, corduroys with a cheap fondle
- BT boss QUITS telecoms giant for front-bench gov job
- Adobe CEO admits need to 'tweak' Creative Suite's cloud-only policy