back to article OCZ chief dashes as flash cash stash bashed

Solid-state drive maker OCZ Technology's chief executive Ryan Petersen has jumped ship, leaving top marketing boy Alex Mei to man the tiller for now. Mei will hang onto his job as chief marketing officer until a permanent CEO is picked, the company said in a canned statement. OCZ stock has been steadily falling after four …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

OCZ has some innovative engineers and solid products. Questionable whether they would survive being picked up by Seagate or others.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

OCZ

It seems weird to me as I find OCZ SSDs outperform other models, so they are the brand I buy for preference. They seem ahead of the game in SSDs. Shame if they fold

1. Patchy
        FAIL

Re: OCZ

Everyone has their preferred products and brands, but after the trouble I had with a fairly early Vertex 2 SSD (total failure & replacement x2, need to upgrade firmware frequently) it is now a brand I steer clear of. You only have to read comments on forums to know that many other people feel the same.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

OCZ has been shaky for years

Ever since they started out with tweeked RAM, OCZ has been a shaky or shaddy company - depending on your POV. The other products they have sold in recent years have also been of questionable quality. They bought PC Power and Cooling to try and buy some credibility but that didn't work. Then they jumped into SSDs with both feet and proceded to ship a ton of half-baked, defective SSDs which hurt their Rep even more. I doubt anyone is willing to buy them because quite frankly they don't have anything of value to offer and their Rep precedes them.

3. tin 2
    FAIL

Gotta totally agree on the Vertex 2 point. Perhaps they guy jumped before the class action? Personally going nowhere near OCZ ever again.

4. DanceMan

OCZ SSD reliability

After reading some of the posts on NCIX (Canadian online computer parts retailer) forums about some OCZ SSD problems, I decided it was a brand to avoid. Perhaps the situation has changed, but a reputation like that can stick for a while. There are enough other brands with better records (even Intel despite its problems with one model) so why take the chance.

Good headline. Variety might be calling soon.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like