The Southern University Purchasing Consortium (SUPC) has issued a tender to resellers for a software framework worth an estimated £60m a year. SUPC is the largest of the UK's six higher education procurement organisations and includes 117 member colleges and institutions that stump up its funding. Resellers were last week asked …
60 million a year??
Did anyone else watch panorama last night?
Having done work at various unis as a contractor I know for a fact that they have only just moved from the XP platform and Off2010, so I doubt there is the market that they claim.
Still, lots of £120's just to be considered!!
£120 is that all?
I'd consider a look for £120, how many tyre kickers is this going to put off?
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- 'Things' on the Internet-of-things have 25 vulnerabilities apiece
- Senate introduces USA FREEDOM Act to curb NSA spying excesses
- Microsoft says 'weird things' can happen during Windows Server 2003 migrations
- Only '3% of web servers in top corps' fully fixed after Heartbleed snafu