When you look at the latest spate of acquisitions by broadline distributors, it's hard not to visualise an alcoholic who, concerned that he's facing a period of drought and associated health issues, decides the best way to deal with them is to have another drink. The pace of acquisitions by major distributors like Arrow, Tech …
Bigger but not better
The Big Four distributors remind me of that Hungry Hippo game, mindlessly gobbling up whatever rolls past.
And like Hungry Hippo, they are so last century.
You forgot to note that sales people (pardon me "associates") are even timed on how long it takes to close a sale. Composing a sale would be a breach of conduct and punished.
- Superfish 2.0: Dell ships laptops, PCs with huge internet security hole
- Windows 10 pilot rollouts will surge in early 2016, says Gartner
- Dell: How to kill that web security hole we put in your laptops, PCs
- Research: Microsoft the fastest growing maker of tablet OSs ... by 2019
- Exclusive Oracle confesses to quietly axing its UK software support centre