When you look at the latest spate of acquisitions by broadline distributors, it's hard not to visualise an alcoholic who, concerned that he's facing a period of drought and associated health issues, decides the best way to deal with them is to have another drink. The pace of acquisitions by major distributors like Arrow, Tech …
Bigger but not better
The Big Four distributors remind me of that Hungry Hippo game, mindlessly gobbling up whatever rolls past.
And like Hungry Hippo, they are so last century.
You forgot to note that sales people (pardon me "associates") are even timed on how long it takes to close a sale. Composing a sale would be a breach of conduct and punished.
- Smart Meter biz case still there, insists tragically optimistic UK govt
- Unions call for strike action over 'unusable' Universal Credit IT
- AMD looks at sinking sales, gulps: It's worse than we thought
- Cloud provider goes TITSUP? Will someone think of the data!
- Gartner mages have spoken: 'D' is for Device, Decline and DOOM