When you look at the latest spate of acquisitions by broadline distributors, it's hard not to visualise an alcoholic who, concerned that he's facing a period of drought and associated health issues, decides the best way to deal with them is to have another drink. The pace of acquisitions by major distributors like Arrow, Tech …
Bigger but not better
The Big Four distributors remind me of that Hungry Hippo game, mindlessly gobbling up whatever rolls past.
And like Hungry Hippo, they are so last century.
You forgot to note that sales people (pardon me "associates") are even timed on how long it takes to close a sale. Composing a sale would be a breach of conduct and punished.
- Brits' BORKED Samsung kit held up after repair centre slips into administration
- Updated Visual Studio Online goes titsup as Microsoft wrestles with database
- Lenovo posts an INCREASE in desktop PC and notebook sales
- Dead Steve Jobs sued by own shareholders in no-poach pact brouhaha
- US regulators OK sale of IBM's x86 server biz to Lenovo