When you look at the latest spate of acquisitions by broadline distributors, it's hard not to visualise an alcoholic who, concerned that he's facing a period of drought and associated health issues, decides the best way to deal with them is to have another drink. The pace of acquisitions by major distributors like Arrow, Tech …
Bigger but not better
The Big Four distributors remind me of that Hungry Hippo game, mindlessly gobbling up whatever rolls past.
And like Hungry Hippo, they are so last century.
You forgot to note that sales people (pardon me "associates") are even timed on how long it takes to close a sale. Composing a sale would be a breach of conduct and punished.
- Health Secretary promises NHS £4.2bn to go 'digital'
- TalkTalk confesses: Scammers have data about our engineers' visits to your home
- Carly Fiorina makes like HP and splits – ex-CEO quits White House race
- Ballmer schools SatNad on Microsoft's mobile strategy: You need one
- BlackBerry axes 200 jobs – including a third of its HQ staff