Systemax staff are shellshocked in the wake of the revelation that jobs in Europe - the region leading growth across the company - are to be cut. The reseller is consolidating back-office functions into a shared services centre in Eastern Europe as well as shuttering two retail brands and closing down PC production lines …
Typical of a US company
When things get tough, sacrifice anything overseas to stop the home boat sinking, even if they throw out the lifeboat division.
Re: Typical of a US company
Certainly this is so.
What is it about US people that makes them so blinkered?
As a former employee I'm glad to see that Pim is just as (un)committed as previous management to keeping employees informed about the company they work for...
- Bye bye, booth babes. IT security catwalk RSA nixes sexy outfits
- Microsoft and Oracle are 'not your trusted friends', public sector bods
- Amazon cloud threatens to SMASH the fundamental laws of PHYSICS
- Microsoft enlists web security pariah Adobe to help build Internet Explorer-killer Spartan
- PATRIOT Act axed, NSA spying halted ... wake up, Neo, it's just a dream in the US House of Reps