Systemax staff are shellshocked in the wake of the revelation that jobs in Europe - the region leading growth across the company - are to be cut. The reseller is consolidating back-office functions into a shared services centre in Eastern Europe as well as shuttering two retail brands and closing down PC production lines …
Typical of a US company
When things get tough, sacrifice anything overseas to stop the home boat sinking, even if they throw out the lifeboat division.
Re: Typical of a US company
Certainly this is so.
What is it about US people that makes them so blinkered?
As a former employee I'm glad to see that Pim is just as (un)committed as previous management to keeping employees informed about the company they work for...
- Analysis New UK trade deals would not compensate for loss of single market membership
- The calm before the storm: AMD's Zen bears down on Intel CPUs
- iPhone: Apple's Mac battle with Windows rebooted
- HPE sharpens knife for next salami-slicing staff redundo round
- Cisco axes up to 5,500 workers in scramble to remain relevant