Systemax staff are shellshocked in the wake of the revelation that jobs in Europe - the region leading growth across the company - are to be cut. The reseller is consolidating back-office functions into a shared services centre in Eastern Europe as well as shuttering two retail brands and closing down PC production lines …
Typical of a US company
When things get tough, sacrifice anything overseas to stop the home boat sinking, even if they throw out the lifeboat division.
Re: Typical of a US company
Certainly this is so.
What is it about US people that makes them so blinkered?
As a former employee I'm glad to see that Pim is just as (un)committed as previous management to keeping employees informed about the company they work for...
- Analysis Windows 10 is due in one month: Will it be ready?
- Microsoft's magic hurts: Nadella signals 'tough choices' on the way
- Layoff-happy Capita charges staff to use cutlery in canteens
- Microsoft's new mission statement: It's all about doing MAGICAL THINGS
- Bank of England CIO: ‘Beware of the cloud, beware of vendors’