Systemax staff are shellshocked in the wake of the revelation that jobs in Europe - the region leading growth across the company - are to be cut. The reseller is consolidating back-office functions into a shared services centre in Eastern Europe as well as shuttering two retail brands and closing down PC production lines …
Typical of a US company
When things get tough, sacrifice anything overseas to stop the home boat sinking, even if they throw out the lifeboat division.
Re: Typical of a US company
Certainly this is so.
What is it about US people that makes them so blinkered?
As a former employee I'm glad to see that Pim is just as (un)committed as previous management to keeping employees informed about the company they work for...
- If you wanted Windows 10, it looks like you've already installed it
- Safe Harbour ruled INVALID: Facebook 'n' pals' data slurp at risk
- Analysis Silicon Valley now 'illegal' in Europe: Why Schrems vs Facebook is such a biggie
- US tries one last time to sway EU court on data-slurping deal
- 'One Windows' crunch time: Microsoft tempts with glittery new devices