The CEO at lumbering integrator CSC says its turnaround strategy is ahead of schedule despite a sales blemish on an otherwise improved set of fiscal Q2 numbers. Revenues for the three months ended 28 September dipped 2.8 per cent year-on-year to $3.85bn (£2.41bn) with declines posted across its three operating units. The sales …
Management needs axing
Having finished working for them this year, I agree with the need to cut management layers. These have shot up since the mid-2000s. New sets of managers seemed to be added daily and the ones in the middle and upper layers were constantly changing positions and responsibilities. As one of the PBI, all we, and our line managers got were more and more reporting makework, micromanagement and bullshit emails. Good riddance to them!
- PATRIOT Act axed, NSA spying halted ... wake up, Neo, it's just a dream in the US House of Reps
- And the prize for LEAST SECURE BROWSER goes to ... Chrome!
- Document Foundation pledges Office 365 and Google Docs challenger
- First Look Metro app meets Windows 10. A Microsoft win? Maybe after a little improvement
- CIO Manifesto How tech bosses manage their teams for fun and profit