The CEO at lumbering integrator CSC says its turnaround strategy is ahead of schedule despite a sales blemish on an otherwise improved set of fiscal Q2 numbers. Revenues for the three months ended 28 September dipped 2.8 per cent year-on-year to $3.85bn (£2.41bn) with declines posted across its three operating units. The sales …
Management needs axing
Having finished working for them this year, I agree with the need to cut management layers. These have shot up since the mid-2000s. New sets of managers seemed to be added daily and the ones in the middle and upper layers were constantly changing positions and responsibilities. As one of the PBI, all we, and our line managers got were more and more reporting makework, micromanagement and bullshit emails. Good riddance to them!
- Analysis So whither Microsoft? If Nadella knows, he's keeping it well hidden
- Microsoft's MCSE and MCSD will become HARDER to win
- UK.gov pops lid off £70m barrel of non-Cloudable hosting pork
- Huawei's turnover rockets upwards. Suck on that, US government
- Too many IT conferences to cover? MICROSOFT TO THE RESCUE!