back to article Notebook price war slams Dell's revenues, slashes profits

A price war at the low-end of the notebook PC market where Dell has chosen not to participate plus a slump in PC sales where it is fighting to win buyers is wreaking havoc on Dell's financials. In the company's third quarter of fiscal 2013 ended on November 2, consumer mobile PC revenues were down a staggering 30 per cent. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ChrisInAStrangeLand
    Black Helicopters

"That said, CEO Dell piped up and said that the company has one customer that has bought a total of one exabyte of storage capacity from Dell."

Was it <a href="http://www.nsa.gov/">these guys?</a>

2. P. Lee
    Coat

"The lines between servers and storage are getting blurred," Dell said.

How very 90's!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dell's laptops were always over priced. They charge full price for upgrades and don't give credit for the item that was replaced. I buy at the as-is price and upgrade the memory and hard drive myself at cheaper prices. And I get to keep the left over parts to sell.

4. Nate Amsden

networking quarter and force10

Just wondering if this is a first year over year quarter where Force10 is in the dell results vs last year when they may not of been. I notice Dell closed the Force10 deal at the end of August which makes me suspect that Force10 may not of been included in the last year results. So the math may be a bit fuzzy as for apples to apples comparisons there.

I bet Nimble is taking a decent chunk out of Equallogic..

5. JayKay
    FAIL

Shut Dell down

And give the money back to the shareholders.

6. Alan Denman

Tablets lowered expectations!

When people accepted the iPad there was obviously a dramatic lowering of requirements from buyers.

Thus your supposedly half decent laptop is surplus to requirements for many consumers.

Maybe the millions of the semi-used, too small for general indoor use, iPad Minis will boost laptop sales.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like