back to article Fanboi droves use iPads to buy more iPads on Black Friday

Apple's iPad was used by one in every 10 online shoppers on Black Friday, according to IBM's Holiday Benchmark report. Continuing the trend of opening the supposed sales extravaganza earlier, online shopping grew 17.4 per cent on Thanksgiving compared to the same day a year earlier and Black Friday online sales were up 20.7 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. vic 4

Who'd have thought it?

Apple users buy apple products!

1. Steven Raith
      Thumb Up

Re: Who'd have thought it?

More realistically, those with a high expendable income buy more premium stuff typically bought by those with a high expendable income!

Kwik Fit will shortly be announing that Ferrari buyers bought more Pirelli P-Zero Rossos than those with Mondeos ;-)

2. messele
    Flame

No Surprise

It's getting that anybody using free software and services (no names) expects everything else for free also.

They're not actually going to pony up and actually pay for shit, surely that's what those dirty Apple people do within their walled gardens?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Black Friday,

Grey Thursday, Fifty Shades of Grey Wednesday, Off-white Tuesday, I see a pattern forming. Reckon we'll be having Shades of Grey Month before long.

4. The Baron
    WTF?

Social Networks

social networks such as [...] YouTube

Has YouTube turned into a social network? I thought it was some sort of video hosting site. Mind you, I haven't visited it for a while.

5. Tom 13

I for one am glad to see the Grey Wednesday/Thursday red ink.

Now if the retailers will do the proper thing and stay closed on Thanksgiving we can get back to normal.

But the rest of the article is pretty much bunk. The 10% figure for iPad is misleading because the competing platforms are not HP or Samsung, but particular flavors of Windows, Android, Linux, etc.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like