The Channel logo

back to article Phoenix IT Group signs £40m desktop support win

Phoenix IT Group has inked a five-year £40m desktop support deal with an unnamed customer, the troubled firm revealed today. This is the sort of news investors will cheer after a challenging year in which the Northampton-based firm axed staff, watched its profits collapse, unearthed serious accounting errors, and accepted its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

I hope

it's not Lunar House again, they'll never learn

FAIL

Thought this was common knowledge

It's IBM

All IBM deskside engineers are TUPEing across in early December 2012

If IBM can't make money from Deskside Services then I don't know why Phoenix would think they can.

This post has been deleted by its author

Bronze badge

Oh no..

I used to deal with a company that supplied some services and they were pretty good. Then they were bought out by the group that is now called Phoenix (TGTINCP - catchy!) and service went through the floor.

They really didn't seem to be that interested any more in the Small / Medium market where they had built their business; they just seemed to want to go after big contracts. A shame as they alienated their good customers and haven't really picked up anything like the business from the bigger outfits that they thought they would.

I stopped dealing with them nearly 2 years ago and they weren't even bothered enough to find out why.

Anonymous Coward

IBM!

I thought it was Atos IT Services.

Anonymous Coward

Re: IBM!

Well I can confirm that IBM is definitely been tupe'd across on the first week of December, but it wouldn't surprise me if other services are made up in the transfer - IBM don't always call their support staff IBM, sometime they use a different name.

Unhappy

Poor, poor fellows

I fear for anyone joining Phoenix. Get union representation - fast. Get out quick or look forward to the 6 monthly 'at risk' process.

Anonymous Coward

F**K ME, they won something? Ah, hang on, that means that in 6 months there will be too many staff and we'll have another round of lay-offs. This is just one of many reasons that a LOT of the regular front line guys are preparing to jump ship. I'm *this far* from taking voluntary when the next round starts.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Opinion

Chris Mellor

Drives nails forged with Red Hat iron into VCE's coffin
Sleep Cycle iOS app screenshot

Trevor Pott

Forget big-spending globo biz: it's about the consumer... and he's desperate for a nap
Steve Bennet, ex-Symantec CEO

Chris Mellor

Enormo security firm needs to get serious about acquisitions

Features

Windows 8.1 Update  Storeapps Taskbar
Chinese Buffet self-service
Chopping down the phone tree to scrump low-hanging fruit
An original member of the System/360 family announced in 1964, the Model 50 was the most powerful unit in the medium price range.
Big Blue's big $5bn bet adjusted, modified, reduced, back for more
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella
Redmond needs to discover the mathematics of trust