back to article New iMac in shop windows FRIDAY but you'll wait to take one home

Apple insists its svelte new iMacs will hit UK shelves on Friday, but the company isn't forthcoming on how it'll push the computers into Blighty's distribution channel. Suppliers last week told The Channel they do not expect the super-slim all-in-one Mac OS X machines to arrive in volume until January. But Apple today …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Gimp

Mac Pro

Wish they'd give the Mac Pro a make-over. It's a very nice high end workstation for video editing etc but its looking its age now. It's ironic that Apple laptops keep on getting smaller and lighter yet the Pro stills weights a preverbal tonne. Thankfully I rarely need to move mine!

1. Whyfore

Re: Mac Pro

Unfortunately, I think they see this as a niche market in the grand scheme of the business model. Much more money in re-inventing the iWheel every year than adding aesthetics to the Pro line.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Mac Pro

I have to say I think the current Mac Pro case is pretty much perfect. I'd be quite upset if it got radically changed.

Absolutely the contents badly need updating (it would be nice if they made it easier to replace / update the MB in future)!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Now remember the slating you all gave the Surface for not having enough supply to meet demand at launch.

3. P. Lee
    Angel

Oi, Dell!

Get those 2711's out of their ugly cases and put them in something pretty that includes a webcam. Or at least authorise some 3rd party conversion!

It doesn't need to be like apple, but it does need to be living-room/wife friendly.

4. Dr Patrick J R Harkin
    WTF?

"5mm thick at the edge"

That's an odd way of describing it. Is it a foot thick in the middle? I've got a nice slim waist - if you measure it at my ankles...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

""Redesigned from the inside out, ........ into an aluminium and glass enclosure that measures just five mm thin at its edge," Apple said."

Redesigned to look like it did previously??

Oi! Apple! Alu and glass?? STILL!! You do know that its been 5-6 years of the same old shite now don't you?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like