back to article New gov rules stick pin into bloated ICT frameworks

Following an internal review of government IT procurement, the Cabinet Office has announced that it has scrapped plans to use some existing ICT frameworks. It has said that government departments will only be able to establish framework agreements in future if they can show it will "explicitly deliver against key strategic …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LarsG
    Meh

Talking through their backsides again.

Letting smaller firms have a slice of the action?

It never ever happens, it's always the bigger suppliers who get the whole cake and make a mess of it, usually because a Polititian or two have a part time job and sit on the board as an advisor. How many times do we hear of politicians retiring or losing their seat only to become directors of the companies they favoured while in power.

Politicians are bent, this is pure sound bite media.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well ADDSS only cost my company about £30k to bid for only for them to scrap it on the day that submissions were due. But whats £30k to an SME in a recession...We also decided not to go for G-Cloud as we saw more value in ADDSS. The whole thing stinks.

3. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Meh

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Heard it all before, but I think I'll see airborne porcine before it becomes a reality.

4. Brian Wernham

Programme Manager and Author

Agile government needs agile procurement - so many IT frameworks only build in preconceptions as to solutions.

More here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/103140203/Agile-Project-Management-for-Government-Chapter-20-Extracts-on-Agile-Contracts

Brian

This topic is closed for new posts.