back to article 2e2 rescue deal: Daisy swoops in, grabs data centre ops

Acquisitive telco player Daisy Group is taking control of defunct 2e2's data centre operations. Under the terms of the deal, Peter Dubens, owner of Oakley Capital and chairman at Daisy Group has created a special purpose vehicle Daisy Data Centre Solutions to buy the business and assets which include server farms in Gateshead …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. micheal

Acquisitive telco player Daisy Group is taking control of defunct 2e2's data centre operations

And Daisy have been busy the last few years gobbling up other Telco's to grow, just as 2e2 did, also Daisy is haemoraging customers with their lacklustre service of the taken over companies clients....I see a repeat of 2e2 on the way....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Daisy sucks

God help ther customers. Previosly had services bought out by Daisy and they royally stuffed it up. They'll undoubtedly try to shove enterprise data through cheap nasty consumer grade murphx.net backbone.

3. The Godfather
    Coat

mirror image??

Although Aim listed and nothing wrong with gross margin (nothing wrong with 2e2's either), composition and performance is remarkably similar. Daisy has three activities in retail, wholesale and distribution...here are some Daisy stats..interest payments are arguably lower than 2e2's given lower term loans..

09/12 (interims) - loss before tax of 13.8m

03/12 - loss of 18.7m

03/11 - loss of 19.7m

03/10 - loss of 16.2m

12/08 - loss of 10.6m

12/07 - loss of 15.8m

69% of total assets are intangibles and bank debt is around 140m......is this a case of 'here we go round the mulberry bush'?

4. Eagle One

It's a job

Whether this is a case if history repeating itself or not I don't know. What I do know is that 149 people are still in jobs and will be for at least the next three months. That's a much better situation than the one we were in yesterday ! It hasn't stopped me looking for an alternative, but it has given me some breathing space.

1. Intractable Potsherd

Re: It's a job

My thoughts exactly - both customers and the staff who have been retained now have time to look for alternatives in a more controlled fashion. From figures shown in comments above, I would probably not be thinking about a long-term relationship with anything owned by Daisy.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

...Could be worse

It's better than the Job centre. So now you have time to look around and trust me, the grass always looks greener the other side of the fence until you get there.

A job is a job, good luck

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like