The former head of Apple Retail has found a new job, selling handbags and scarves at the head of Monsoon's Accessorize chain. John Browett only lasted seven months at Cupertino, before Tim Cook edged him out in a reshuffle in September that also saw the end of Apple's software chief Scott Forstall. Browett is credited with …
I just hope that A*ize keeps all the ladies looking at their best in spite of this latest incursion.
It must suck that his claim to fame (to general public) will be as a reminder why the CEO who came after Steve Jobs was such a fail. 7 month turnover maybe ok for a pizza guy but not for your first major executive hire.
Do they need....
.... extended warranties on accessorising tat?
This time with sequins on though
Nah, they runied a good title/tag line combo.
It should have been :-
Headline :- "Ousted Apple Store chief Browett is back selling shiny tat"
Tagline :- "This time with sequins on though"
The craft of oblique misleading headlines seems to be lost.
Ahh a step up?
So he's gone from selling shiny tat to apple fanboys to selling shiny tat to women? At least the women are more likely to be rational ;)
Re: Ahh a step up?
You got a thumbs down. There's a misogynist in our midst..
- UK government officially adopts Open Document Format
- Analysis UK.gov's Open Source switch WON'T get rid of Microsoft, y'know
- Report: American tech firms charge Britons a thumping nationality tax
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple fell into IBM's arms
- Microsoft's MCSE and MCSD will become HARDER to win