Acer's boss expects the vendor's PC shipments to slump up to 15 per cent sequentially in the first quarter, but insists the firm has a "good chance" of scraping back to black this year. The prediction illustrates the massive challenges faced by Acer, given the massive year-on-year slump in shipments it showed for the fourth …
Wang: size will shrink
This is gonna take crackerjack timing, Wang.
Re: Microsoft partners are hurting
Acer are also fighting their corporate reputation. Old Chinese shopkeeper saying - you can only cut a person once. I will shed no tears for them when they are gone.
Acer's Wang: Size of PC shipments to shrink month after month....
Just like Acer's Wang!
Re: Acer's Wang: Size of PC shipments to shrink month after month....
But if the droop continues, will Wang find himself hung out to dry? I mean, if things get that bad, Acer may see Wang as well hung.
Sorry. I couldn't resist.
Maybe they would regain sales if they actually started making decent laptops again? 10 years ago, Acer was one of the few brands that sold solid, reliable and cheap computers. Nowadays, they're only cheap.
:) They have an employee called 'Wang' :)
Must be hard for someone working at Acer to be called after another company. Next thing will be someone working at IBM called "Compaq".
- Windows 10 will now automatically download and install on PCs
- Updated BT broadband is down: Former state monopoly goes TITSUP UK-wide
- BT blames 'faulty router' for mega outage. Did they try turning it off and on again?
- Safe Harbor ripped and replaced with Privacy Shield in last-minute US-Europe deal
- Microsoft buys SwiftKey, Britain's 'stealthiest software startup'