If I had to suggest just one hallmark of the IT channel, I would choose stability. The various organisations that make up the chain have clearly defined roles and well-established business models. But this state of affairs is about to undergo a period of great change. This change has already started, but the pace is set to …
"While there is no way of knowing exactly how much longer systems integrators, and value-added resellers and distributors, will last in their current forms, it is clear that the distribution channel will go from strength to strength in 2013"
Hardly surprising statement given it's from a major vendor...who does not want to upset partners...kind of 'undoes' the whole article though.
"Hardly surprising statement given it's from a major vendor...who does not want to upset partners...kind of 'undoes' the whole article though."
Partners! This is EMC talking, which has scant regard for partnership, deciding to take its business direct at any opportunity.
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Dell charges £5 to switch on power-saving for new PCs (it takes 5 clicks)
- IBM rides nightmarish hardware landscape on OpenPOWER Consortium raft
- Enterprise storage will die just like tape did, say chaps with graphs
- Who fancies a billion-quid bonanza? Just flog the Home Office some shiny walkie-talkies