If I had to suggest just one hallmark of the IT channel, I would choose stability. The various organisations that make up the chain have clearly defined roles and well-established business models. But this state of affairs is about to undergo a period of great change. This change has already started, but the pace is set to …
"While there is no way of knowing exactly how much longer systems integrators, and value-added resellers and distributors, will last in their current forms, it is clear that the distribution channel will go from strength to strength in 2013"
Hardly surprising statement given it's from a major vendor...who does not want to upset partners...kind of 'undoes' the whole article though.
"Hardly surprising statement given it's from a major vendor...who does not want to upset partners...kind of 'undoes' the whole article though."
Partners! This is EMC talking, which has scant regard for partnership, deciding to take its business direct at any opportunity.
- Analysis UK.gov's Open Source switch WON'T get rid of Microsoft, y'know
- Amazon Reveals One Weird Trick: A Loss On Almost $20bn In Sales
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Termination charges drop smacks Vodafone and EE in the WALLET