If I had to suggest just one hallmark of the IT channel, I would choose stability. The various organisations that make up the chain have clearly defined roles and well-established business models. But this state of affairs is about to undergo a period of great change. This change has already started, but the pace is set to …
"While there is no way of knowing exactly how much longer systems integrators, and value-added resellers and distributors, will last in their current forms, it is clear that the distribution channel will go from strength to strength in 2013"
Hardly surprising statement given it's from a major vendor...who does not want to upset partners...kind of 'undoes' the whole article though.
"Hardly surprising statement given it's from a major vendor...who does not want to upset partners...kind of 'undoes' the whole article though."
Partners! This is EMC talking, which has scant regard for partnership, deciding to take its business direct at any opportunity.
- Superfish 2.0: Dell ships laptops, PCs with huge internet security hole
- Windows 10 pilot rollouts will surge in early 2016, says Gartner
- Dell: How to kill that web security hole we put in your laptops, PCs
- Exclusive Oracle confesses to quietly axing its UK software support centre
- Amazon now renting physical servers you can cuddle and love