If I had to suggest just one hallmark of the IT channel, I would choose stability. The various organisations that make up the chain have clearly defined roles and well-established business models. But this state of affairs is about to undergo a period of great change. This change has already started, but the pace is set to …
"While there is no way of knowing exactly how much longer systems integrators, and value-added resellers and distributors, will last in their current forms, it is clear that the distribution channel will go from strength to strength in 2013"
Hardly surprising statement given it's from a major vendor...who does not want to upset partners...kind of 'undoes' the whole article though.
"Hardly surprising statement given it's from a major vendor...who does not want to upset partners...kind of 'undoes' the whole article though."
Partners! This is EMC talking, which has scant regard for partnership, deciding to take its business direct at any opportunity.
- Free Windows 10 upgrade: Time is running out... should you do it?
- Updated Microsoft ordered to fix 'excessively intrusive, insecure' Windows 10
- BT customers hit by broadband outage ... again
- Softbank promises stronger ARM: Greater overseas reach and double the UK jobs
- Web meltdown: BT feels heat from angry punters