If I had to suggest just one hallmark of the IT channel, I would choose stability. The various organisations that make up the chain have clearly defined roles and well-established business models. But this state of affairs is about to undergo a period of great change. This change has already started, but the pace is set to …
"While there is no way of knowing exactly how much longer systems integrators, and value-added resellers and distributors, will last in their current forms, it is clear that the distribution channel will go from strength to strength in 2013"
Hardly surprising statement given it's from a major vendor...who does not want to upset partners...kind of 'undoes' the whole article though.
"Hardly surprising statement given it's from a major vendor...who does not want to upset partners...kind of 'undoes' the whole article though."
Partners! This is EMC talking, which has scant regard for partnership, deciding to take its business direct at any opportunity.
- Euro Parliament VOTES to BREAK UP GOOGLE. Er, OK then
- Apple’s $700 BEEELLION market cap makes it more valuable than Switzerland
- Forget Hillary, HP's ex CARLY FIORINA 'wants to be next US Prez'
- Universal Credit CRISIS: Up to £200m in IT spend WASTED – NAO
- A WHOPPING 8 million Windows Server 2003 systems still out there