If I had to suggest just one hallmark of the IT channel, I would choose stability. The various organisations that make up the chain have clearly defined roles and well-established business models. But this state of affairs is about to undergo a period of great change. This change has already started, but the pace is set to …
"While there is no way of knowing exactly how much longer systems integrators, and value-added resellers and distributors, will last in their current forms, it is clear that the distribution channel will go from strength to strength in 2013"
Hardly surprising statement given it's from a major vendor...who does not want to upset partners...kind of 'undoes' the whole article though.
"Hardly surprising statement given it's from a major vendor...who does not want to upset partners...kind of 'undoes' the whole article though."
Partners! This is EMC talking, which has scant regard for partnership, deciding to take its business direct at any opportunity.
- Updated Microsoft keeps schtum as more battery woes hit Surface sufferers
- Openreach split could damage broadband investment, says BT's chief exec
- Comment NSA, GCHQ and even Donald Trump are all after your data
- Virgin Media boss warns Brexit could hamstring broadband investment
- Digi minister Matt Hancock: Britain needs go full fibre. And we're not paying for it