Distributor goliath Avnet Technology Solutions has rounded up its disparate portfolio of acquired service providers into one unit as traditional product sales continue to wane. The Avnet Services team was created to "increase operational efficiencies" by merging the firm's software, lifecycle and training services operations. " …
It's all your fault...
I guess this is a case of saying there is business out there that could lead you to spending more with us but you're not winning it ....so we really wanna give you a hand.....
Ask any distributor to indicate precisely how much 'services' revenue is billed. The answer is likely to be minimal and considerably less than 10%. Services such as these are designed specifically to spur on spend on traditional product delivery. More formative thinking is required.
- Windows XP market share GROWS AGAIN, outstrips Win 8.1 surge
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Microsoft to get in XP users' faces with one last warning
- Women! You too can be 'cool' and 'fun' if you work in tech!
- Vid Steve Ballmer: Thanks to me, Microsoft screwed up a decade in phones