Distributor goliath Avnet Technology Solutions has rounded up its disparate portfolio of acquired service providers into one unit as traditional product sales continue to wane. The Avnet Services team was created to "increase operational efficiencies" by merging the firm's software, lifecycle and training services operations. " …
It's all your fault...
I guess this is a case of saying there is business out there that could lead you to spending more with us but you're not winning it ....so we really wanna give you a hand.....
Ask any distributor to indicate precisely how much 'services' revenue is billed. The answer is likely to be minimal and considerably less than 10%. Services such as these are designed specifically to spur on spend on traditional product delivery. More formative thinking is required.
- Microsoft to offer special Surface 3 for schools
- Election 2015 Surveillance, broadband, zero hours: Tech policy in a UK hung Parliament
- Disk drive shipment numbers set to spin down
- Microsoft vs AWS: If you can't bark with the BIG DOGS get off the PORCH
- Hadoop ODP: No thanks says MapR, and Cloudera isn't impressed either