back to article Intel plucks new CEO Brian Krzanich from its own ranks

Intel has dipped into its own ranks to choose a new CEO who has already clocked up 30 years at the company. The world’s largest chip manufacturer announced that former chief operating officer Brian Krzanich will be the new chief executive officer, six months after former CEO Paul Otellini announced his retirement following …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Waspy
    Boffin

Good luck...

Good luck to him, while Intel are hardly going to go bust tomorrow, they have a lot of work to do...they are near non-existent on smartphones/tablets, no one is buying into the Ultrabook brand and AMD seem to be doing lots of interesting things with powerful GPU/CPU combo chips.

Strangely though, although having not personally used one the Motorola Razr i is reported to be one of the best performing Android phones you can get batery life wise (and it's pretty snappy too as a single core...but then perhaps Intel realise the multi-core phone cpu sham better than most)...and whilst I've seen a few ads about town 've never actually seen one in the wild. Seems to be that they've solved their power consumption problems so why aren't they muscling into the phone/slab market? Seems to me they need to strike a deal with their old pals Microsoft to get included in the Windows Phone spec, cause Apple and Samsung sure as hell aren't going to start using them now.

I used to hear the "bong bing bong bong" jingle all the time years ago, I haven't heard it for ages now. Actually, maybe that's a good thing...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Intel just avoided heavy layoffs then (atleast for the next 2-3 years). But it is interesting to see that Intel has chosen to stick to its "process and manufacturing" roots and promote it rather than deviate for it. That is very interesting! Looks like orientation towards becoming a software company has taken a back seat again. Very interesting years ahead!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like