back to article Report: Icahn spoiling for a proxy fight with Dell over buyout deal

Activist investor (we hesitate to use the term vulture capitalist because it gives vultures a bad name) Carl Icahn has said that Michael Dell and the consortium of partners he has put together to take his eponymous company private for $24.4bn is not paying enough for the company. According to reports, Icahn is now getting ready …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The fact this continues gives the lie....

The fact this affair continues gives the lie to a saying a friend of mine has:

"Never be more trouble to somebody than the trouble to have you killed."

Since Icahn is still around, and is causing significant trouble to Mr. Dell, and the cost of a Mr Dirk D Deeds is dirt cheap....

2. Dan Paul
    Devil

Icahn = Death of Dell

Carl Icahn should have to pay more for Dell than anyone else because he will simply rip the limbs of the writhing tortured carcass of Dell one at a time just to enjoy the sounds of the screaming.

Mind you, there is usually nothing good that comes from change of any kind. But certainly there will be no good to anyone involved in Dell if Icahn gets his dirty little claws into it. Employees beware.....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Icahn = Death of Dell

Death Knell of Dell - FTFY.

3. Peter 39

money to shareholders

"What would I do? I'd shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders." - Michael Dell, 1997

I think he's walking back that suggestion.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Holmes

This isn't about the correct value of a computer hardware maker

This is about stuffing a company so full of debt that its eyes are bleeding, and then overpaying yourself for the stock you've been accumulating and paying yourself a very healthy "management fee" (think hundreds of millions here), and then walking away.

Laughing all the way to the bank. The bank that you own.

5. Herby

Why doesn't Icahn go play...

Monopoly somewhere "else". Maybe he can get his board out and play with the paper money they produce. When he doesn't like the outcome, he throws the board in the air and starts silly things like "Proxy Fights", giving vultures a bad name!

6. Tom 13

Me thinks if the SAM analysis of 23.72 a share was convincing

Blackstone wouldn't have walked away from their 15.65 bid.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like