The head of Dell’s enterprise business last week claimed the firm was on track to take the number one spot in the x86 server market this year, kicking out incumbent HP. Marius Haas made himself a hostage to server market fortune as the Texan firm shipped its enterprise top brass into London to convince customers, and channel …
so glad you "was"
IMHO, _was_ a culture of innovation.
It's about time!
The spread from #1 and #2 in x86 has been razor thin for years, and a few big deals will sway that claim easily. Dell does build gorgeous hardware - and those big deals are built on the DCS hardware that you can't get at the website. Couple that with a willingness to take a large deal direct in a heartbeat in order to recover the incredibly thin or negative margins, and the special thigh grease (to help the sales rep lower his trousers quicker) and special socks with ankle handles for a better grip when pricing to "take share", and I am only surprised it took this long...
Good luck with that services play, though. To err is human, but to really screw things up you should call Dell Professional Services..
- Windows XP market share GROWS AGAIN, outstrips Win 8.1 surge
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Microsoft to get in XP users' faces with one last warning
- Women! You too can be 'cool' and 'fun' if you work in tech!
- Vid Steve Ballmer: Thanks to me, Microsoft screwed up a decade in phones