Top brass at mid-market channel player Esteem Systems are reviewing future options and may again begin a formal process aimed at selling the operation. The business was almost sold to integrator Calyx in 2008, but the acquirer's backer Anglo Irish Bank pulled the funding as credit availability was swallowed up in the crunch. …
Touch and go...
Easier to sell on an up or a down? Much depends on the buyer and the asking price. Publicly selling your business can have its draw-backs however.....it tends to weaken your position.
- Exclusive HP slaps dress code on R&D geeks: Bin that T-shirt, put on this tie
- Analysis Ballmer's billion-dollar blunders: When he gambled Microsoft's money and lost
- Microsoft has RECORD quarter, in a BAD way - Sad Nad slashes phone biz
- BREAKING NEWS: Apple makes money
- Exclusive + analysis How to waste two years and lose $415m: Cisco's now-dead Whiptail deal