back to article Months and months on, tech floggers still waiting to feel Microsoft's tool

Firms paid by Microsoft to sell its products are still waiting a brand-spanking-new business intelligence and analytics tool that the Redmond giant promised to deliver by February. The resellers had hoped the once crash-prone Microsoft's Partner Sales Exchange (PSE) would be improved by the addition of the new sales-tracking …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That's how it feels

... when you have to use your own software.

2. robynsveil
    Linux

Actually, really good point...

I write software I use myself - sort-of, if you can call an Asset Manager written in VBA (using forms and validation code, accessing Excel data) for our department 'software' - and at this point, I'm the only one using it. And constantly debugging it (I'm not a very good programmer :-/ ) ... it is close to the multi-user phase, now. When you write software for others, the testing is going to be hampered by 'your way of doing things'. However, if you actually use the software yourself, a lot of that problem diminishes with *time*.

This is the neat thing about Gambas - a GNU/Linux-based flavour of VB - the IDE is actually written in Gambas itself. And of course, it's open-source, so you can change the IDE to be what you need. And runs HEAPS cleaner than Excel 2000-2003 VBA.

1. Goat Jam
      Stop

Re: Actually, really good point...

Good grief, it's near "multi-user phase" you reckon?

3. IGnatius T Foobar

"fell down" ?

"The system periodically fell down whenever too many partners were using it"

Of course it did. They were probably running it on Windows.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

How to get Microsoft into the Title ..

Six mentions of Microsoft and two mentions of Windows ...

5. Magnus_Pym

Timely Solution?

They already failed on that one. Now they are just struggling to come up with a solution at all. My guess is all the developers got pulled onto a higher priority project. Xbox one perhaps.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like