back to article Ex-Systemax veep cuffed, charged with $230m fraud

Carl Fiorentino, a former president at reseller Systemax, has been charged with accepting bribes worth millions of dollars in return for directing $230m worth of business to certain components suppliers. He was arrested yesterday and released on a $1m personal surety bond. If the name sounds familiar, that's because it is: his …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Shasta McNasty
    WTF?

Well spent?

... It is alleged that he used the filthy lucre to hire a hip hop production firm and pay for tennis lessons for his son.

He obviously knows how to acquire the money, but not how to spent it properly...

1. TeeCee Gold badge
      Meh

Re: Well spent?

I read the first bit of that and thought that 8 years for fraud and another 5 for having appallingly bad taste would be about right.

2. Down not across
    Happy

Is it just me?

...who first read it as Carly Fiorina and cheered and then wondered what does she have to do with Systemax.

3. NeilMc

The Americans really know how to deal with greed, I wish the UK would grow a "pair"

This is the correct course of action; although it looks like the brothers have been carved from the same stuff.

It kind of looks like Gilberto got off lightly having "allegedly" paid everything back. In doing that so readily and easily it suggests that he made sooooooooooooo much more in kickbacks and bribes.......

No pain so whats the deterant for next time.............. mmmmmmmmm

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The Americans really know how to deal with greed, I wish the UK would grow a "pair"

Well let's see how long Woody gets for his role in bringing down Torex Retail on charges of fraud and false accounting?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like