Dell's special task force - set up to oversee the sale of the tech titan to private hands - has claimed wannabe owner Carl Icahn still hasn't shown them the colour of his money. The team said there had been "no financing nor any commitment" from the activist shareholder and his pals to buy the PC and server giant outright. This …
The meeting is July 18th.
RE: The meeting is July 18th.
That's what they want you to believe...
Nice vicious circle there
Ichan buys more shares to gain leverage, but his reputation cause the share value to drop, which means he needs to buy more shares, which will eventually leave him with controlling interest in a company that's worthless, because he now controls it.
What I'd like to see happen:
Then Mr. Dell buys him out for a pittance, taking the company private as he originally intended, and its value rebounds dramatically. Icahn sues, and is laughed out of court, saddled with even more expenses.
- Exclusive Ditch your Macs, Dell tells EMC staff
- Vid Microsoft axes 2,850 more Windows Phone, sales staff – a week after Justin Timberlake sang on stage for them
- Microsoft blames dying Surface Pro 3 batteries on software bug
- Skyscape rebrands to UKCloud following legal challenge by Sky
- Avnet sees Dätwyler's bid for Raspberry Pi slinger, raises to £868m