back to article Court hearing on Icahn's Dell buyout block set for Friday

Carl Icahn's attempt to get the courts to intervene speedily in Michael Dell's bid to take the firm private has been delayed until Friday. The Delaware Court of Chancery has scheduled a conference for Friday on Icahn's request for an expedited hearing in the case. The activist investor wants the court to stop Dell from …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Don Jefe

God, Icahn is a monumental dick.

1. Callam McMillan

I prefer F*&^&*g C*&t!

1. Rukario
        Devil

Linus prefers The Devil's C*&t-head!

2. Intractable Potsherd

"I prefer F*&^&*g C*&t!" So do most men, but presumably not whilst thinking about Carl Icahn. That would be a very odd perversion ...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hey lets sue the guys we're trying to get to vote in our favour. That'll work wonders!

I agree with Dells keeping the current board play from a business point of view. The last thing you want is a large reshuffle of the board when a big deal is potentially going under. Moreso when you consider that afte ra board change, a lengthy process in some cases, and potentially costing a bit, they may all be made redundant anyway (private buyout)

3. DJO Silver badge
    Facepalm

Abstain != No

Can't imagine why an abstention was ever considered equal to a no vote in the first place, an abstention is plainly "don't care either way" so should not be assigned to either Yes or No but I suppose tallied up with the spoilt ballots.

Anyway it's ripe for corruption, all you have to do is word the votes so a "no" is the desired outcome and you can get what you want almost every time.

1. Down not across
      WTF?

Re: Abstain != No

Agreed and I've commented the same before. Just mindboggling that such a rule exists.

Ok so a large pension fund owns shares. They join in in the lawsuit. Surely just voting would've been easier than engaging in litigation.

4. Someone Else Silver badge
    Mushroom

Dear Carl,

Boo-fucking-hoo!

It's business, bitch! Get over it.

5. Daniel B.
    Devil

Dear Courts

Tell the Icahn bully to please stop crapping over everyone else's stuff.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like