back to article Amazon tightens grip on cloud market, report shows

Another day brings another wisp of data highlighting the difference in revenue between Amazon Web Services and the other megaclouds. This time the data is courtesy of analyst firm the Synergy Research Group, which says that for the second quarter of 2013, global infrastructure-as-a-service and platform-as-a-service revenues …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert E A Harvey

Good is best

Seems to me that they have it about right. It works, it's reasonably priced, you can talk to them when you need to. Bound to succeed if you make the right product.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: About right ...

would be outside the US

2. CadentOrange

Unsurprising

If you're going to host your services in the cloud, going with Amazon is the obvious choice. They're cheaper and just as reliable as any other provider. The only customers I know who are using other cloud providers like Azure do so because they are big Microsoft shops and have been given huge discounts by Microsoft.

3. Mark Broadhurst

Billion Dollar Business?!?

So if that is all of MS's Cloud offerings it would include Office 365, Team Foundation Service, Xbox Live and Windows Azure.

While I'm sure thats worth over a billion its hardly a fair stick to compare to the rest.

Its also not hard to guess why AWS and Azure are the top performers. Amazon is really easy to get started although their Paas offering was weaker till recently. Azure again is really easy to get started as a Paas and Iaas, but really only existing MS users are going to look at Azure even though they support Java, PHP etc.

I'm most surprised IBM are able to keep up as I didn't even know what their cloud offering is called let alone costs etc ?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like