back to article Microsoft 'cooperates' with wide US cash-for-contracts bribery probe

Microsoft says it will cooperate with US investigators probing alleged bribery of foreign officials. It's claimed Redmond's resellers bunged cash to apparatchiks in Russia and Pakistan in return for contracts with state-backed businesses. The software giant's deputy general counsel John Frank blogged here that his company …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bribes and bungs are a lot more common in other countries.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What about Serbia?

1. eulampios

What about the United States of America?

Only here, its been renamed from bribery to effective incentives. A the end of the day, an official or a person responsible for purchasing software can always resort to " I'm dumb, ignorant, illiterate, can't count and I dint know it was not as good for us" argument.

3. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    Holmes

SOP in many places

No matter what the not so lillywhite US Gov says or passes laws on, factoring in bribes into contract prices is SOP in many places in the world. If you don't, bang goes your margin because you have to pay the bribe anyway and you end up making a loss on the deal.

Door, Stable and a Horse just about to dissapear over the horizon then?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bribes in Russia?

Hold the press.....

Take it those investigating have never even got as far as passport control then?

5. Roo

I would love to see them investigate who paid whom to ensure Microsoft's incomplete royalty encumbered documents standards were ratified by the ISO.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like