back to article TalkTalk's commercial director WalkWalks away from telco

TalkTalk's outspoken commercial director David Goldie has resigned from the company's board after 14 years helping the business grow. He oversaw the telco's shift from Opal to Carphone Warehouse to TalkTalk. "As one of the main architects of TalkTalk, David has made an enormous contribution to TalkTalk and in fact to the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So he make talk talk profitable... was this by charging people for phone calls and services they never used or asked for ...!

http://scirocco2morocco.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/talktalk-charge-customers-for-mobile.html

I know many people who were effected by this.. but cant find anything to say they had to pay people back who had been charged for take services/calls or were find for their actions.

Or maybe it was the cold calling everyone they could find to get them to swich: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/telecoms/10004316/TalkTalk-will-not-compensate-customers-for-nuisance-calls.html

2. TheVogon

How is this completely uninteresting puff piece in anyway relevant news?

3. smudge
    WTF?

"David has made an enormous contribution to TalkTalk and in fact to the telecommunications industry as a whole."

I'll grant him the first part of that - the bit about TalkTalk.

But an enormous contribution to the telecommunications industry? What did I miss?

New, cheaper and more reliable technology? Better services? Fair and transparent tariffs?

Something pretty damn devastating, I should expect.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Let him walk alone

No one mentions the so many wooden spoons "achieved" under his watch.

Same Dido Harding. She needs to walk too!

I am sure some universities offer Phd's in customer services as a major subject.

5. Spiny_Norman
    FAIL

Hmmmm

"BT's is a mother knows best approach. I don't think they are building the right infrastructure for Britain," Goldie said in 2011.

And TalkTalk are/have?

This topic is closed for new posts.