back to article Krzanich: NO new Intel 14nm Broadwell chip for YOU, world, until 2014

One of the biggest tasks that Intel CEO Brian Krzanich has set himself is reconfiguring Chipzilla so that it's quicker to build and deploy new products. So it's a pity he has had to delay the rollout of 14-nanometer Broadwell processor chips until the first quarter of next year due to problems with quality control. "It's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. 02X7Cm
    Trollface

Cloud revenue

Must be nice to have revenues that is always available and can scale on demand.

2. xj25vm

Hmm - a bit confused here. As far as I can tell, aside from Apple products, there don't seem to be many other laptops with Haswell (22nm) processors available to buy. Why would they introduce the next gen (14nm) in the first quarter of 2014 (never mind even earlier than that, as originally planned) - when they haven't started selling properly the current generation? Unless machines with Haswell processors are widely available and I missed on that?

1. Modeller

re: [no] laptops with Haswell (22nm) processors available to buy

Haswell architecture is employed in new desktop CPUs (LGA1150 socket), as well as in laptop and low-power applications.

> Unless machines with Haswell processors are widely available

Yes, they are. In fact, I has just bought a PC based on i5 4670k ("4th gen" or Haswell arch).

1. Guildencrantz

Re: re: [no] laptops with Haswell (22nm) processors available to buy

I agree with the OP, Haswell only hit mobile computing in June, and minimally - and the first tablets based on it are barely out yet.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like