back to article Violin gangs up with Microsoft: Psst, big biz, want an all-flash Windows Server box?

Flash array front runner Violin Memory can now run Windows Server inside its high-end arrays, giving the server OS access to up to 64TB of NAND with the ability to run all Windows enterprise applications in solid state storage. Violin and Microsoft have partnered to make Windows Server 2012 R2 use Violin flash better. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. itzman

Psst, big biz, want an all-flash Windows Server box?

In a word, no.

Why on earth would I want such a dinosaur?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Psst, big biz, want an all-flash Windows Server box?

Because Windows Server is the fastest and most scalable NFS 4.1 server with the best clustering on the market?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

It is Wizard driven :)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@itzman

My reaction exactly.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The 90s called, they want their OS jihad back.

I'd like any kind of decent server running entirely in memory. The fact that it's Microsoft, or Windows, is irrelevant. WinServer is actually pretty frickin' good. Not likely to tempt me away from my Linux and BSD farms, but if SQL Server or Oracle was my business, you bet I would be checking this out. All the OS and the data in RAM, all the time? Hell yeah.

2. Levente Szileszky

I don't care about iops...

...show me file sharing/SMB bandwidth benchmark numbers only, I want to see if I can feed my 10Gb-enabled workstations with files fast enough.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like