Microsoft has put out to tender its UK distribution contracts in a bid to ascertain if those already on board can be trusted to take the new services and device mantra to market. Seven UK wholesalers were forced to submit responses to an "enormous" Request For Proposal by 10 October and will be sitting on their hands for a month …
In other words...
Vole tweeted to see if it had any "friends" left, but was only greeted by tumble-weed and the sound of crickets.
Given that Microsoft a) want to move everything possible to web-based and b) seem to be making a spectacular -nay legendary- arse of pretty well everything at the moment; then there probably won't be enough work to keep all their current disties employed at this rate...being culled might be a good thing in the long run.
They seem to completely lost the point of the 'demand' part of 'supply and demand'. 'Supply and what we fucking tell you to buy' is a different thing entirely; and one not likely to win in the long term. "We have listened to our customers and have decided that they can all go and fuck themselves" is also not making them any friends.
X-factor style contests coming up...any volunteers?
- Is Windows 10 slurping too much data? No, says Microsoft. Nuh-uh. Nope
- Fiorina: I rushed out HP servers to power NSA snooping. Mwahahaha!
- Analysis Autonomy ex-boss Lynch tells of poisonous life within HP in High Court showdown
- Microsoft slaps 13 per cent increase on mobile enterprise levy
- Axed-ya Nadella swings blade through the forest of Microsoft again