back to article Capita splashes £57.5m on Eye-of-Sauron car-park watchdog biz

Crapita Capita has snapped up a reputation-boosting biz: the integrator will splash £57.5m on ParkingEye, which sells technology to monitor car parks to ensure nobody gets a freebie or goes dogging. Lancashire-based ParkingEye provides "remote enforcement, management information and alerting systems", and its intellectual …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Martin 47

Parkingeye and Crapita, a marriage made in heaven, or possibly someplace warmer.

2. Skyraker

This lot.....

... will be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

1. N2

Re: This lot.....

& justifies the use of hollow point ammunition.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: This lot.....

Oh this goes beyond hollow point...

This calls for slow rusty bullets...In rusty bullet holes.....

3. Blacklight
    Flame

Farking eye....

I was given a 'Parking Charge Notice' by this lovely brigade.

I had a very amusing afternoon taking some pics, and systematically destroying every single one of the points raised in their charge notice. Account closed.

Interesting reading about them on Pepipoo and Legal Beagles forums too....

4. Chris G

Clamped

Excuse me please! could you take that clamp off my ambulance I have an emergency to go to!

Not until you pay the fine, if you didn't want the clamp you should not have parked there, we were alerted about your parking and now you have to pay!

But it's a bloody ambulance!

That means nothing to me mate, everyone thinks they're special.

5. Martin 47

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/parking-company-pay-motorists-pcn.html

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

1. They are not fines.

2. They made 1 county court claim against a driver prior to 2012, which they lost.

3. Since April they have suddenly started making 1000 claims a MONTH. This was when Capita started sniffing around.

4. There is a £20m black hole in their accounts.

Somebody is screwing somebody here, and it's not just the motorist that is the one bending over.

7. Inventor of the Marmite Laser Silver badge

To crapita:

You may think you have discovered a gold mine

Beware of the shaft

8. hplasm
    Devil

Can't wait for the ink to dry on this one.

Just before the Govt decide to make such Car-park CCTV illegal.

(If ever...)

9. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

£4m profit on £11m turnover

I make that a 36% profit margin.

This appears to be a legalised shake down operation.

And judging by earlier comments even the "legal" bit is doubtful.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Parking Eye - a bit disapointing

My other half couldn't get out of a Parking Eye monitored carpark whilst she was using my car (we are named drivers on each others cars as well as being insured to drive any car not belonging to us)

They only sent two demanding letters before giving up, for the amount they were demanding (it rises over time) I thought it would be worth at least three with the last one being in red.

Very amateurish and disapointing outfit

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The one I use has only one camera covering the single entrance/exit. I tend to find that a strategically placed person / surfboard / shopping bag as you exit the car park usually does the trick if you've accidentally overstayed.

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
      Happy

"I tend to find that a strategically placed person / surfboard / shopping bag as you exit the car park usually does the trick if you've accidentally overstayed."

Now that's why I like to read El Reg.

The useful tips on a wide range of modern problems.

12. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

They are not fines... part II

However they are packaged up to look like proper police or council fines (for these are the only groups that can "fine" you in this instance) - they are not fines, they are invitations to pay an invoice.

With help and advice from a couple of good websites I have always declined those invitations to pay - and on the 3 occasions I can recall - they have all gone away.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like