back to article Mega-distie Ingram Micro takes knife to costs in 'very challenged' Europe

Flatlining sales growth in Europe has led the world's largest distributor, Ingram Micro, to restart a cost-slashing exercise in the region after describing the operation as "still very challenged". It also plans to roll out newer tech services to resellers on this side of the Atlantic, which compared to the US has been …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

very challenged

as in "our very challenged profit margins"

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh great...

Knife to costs = fewer staff = more errors? We're spending hours and hours every week sorting out mistakes with Ingram - double shipments, wrong products, invoice errors. I've known no other company like it.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It sucks

There are no real signs of economic improvement on the horizon in the UK or U.S. and that means a lot more pain and suffering as many companies have been just barely hanging on.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Useless sales team

Maybe if their sales team bothered to reply to emails I might send more of our orders their way. As it is we only use them when we have to...

5. Chris Evans

S, G & A?

Why journalists use acronyms not in common use by their readers without expanding on first use, is bad journalism.

Via Google I got SG&A (alternately SGA or SAG) is an acronym used in accounting to refer to Selling, General and Administrative Expenses

6. The Godfather
    Pint

New moves man...

Forget distribution, logistics is where it's at.....

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20131028-908953.html?mod=wsj_share_twitter

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like