Microsoft has confirmed that it is to part ways with two distributors in the UK next year, following an intensive review of its contracts. The lucky pair are Avnet Technology Solutions and VIP Computers, both of which had been expected to leave the stables when Microsoft put the contracts out to tender last month in a Request …
So how many will be left?
We've used AVnet (ex Bell Micro / Ideal) for a number of years now, last time we did a contract review we looked at other distributors and the choice was fairly limited then, so we stuck with them.
Or will we have to start thinking about reselling Office 365? Surely this can't be the case?
This will hurt in terms of top line and prestige but there are some compensations....loss of extremely low margin business in most cases.
Great piece, but it's only talking about broad line Microsoft business. Specialist Embedded licensing, for example, isn't covered - and across EMEA, according to what I've read, Avnet still apparently represents well over two-thirds of the Microsoft Windows Embedded business.
So Redmond haven't exactly given Avnet the heave-ho in the way this piece suggests :-)
- Worstall on Wednesday It's Big, it's Blue... it's simply FABLESS! IBM's chip-free future
- Routine WHAT NOW? Bank of England’s CHAPS payment system goes TITSUP
- Consumers start feeling the love as Chromebook sales surge
- Warning to those who covet the data of Internet of Precious Things
- Comment Reg man has the cure for IBM storage: Just swallow 10 firms