back to article HP goes fishing for a UK storage boss, hooks HDS sales director

HP has raided Hitachi Data Systems UK and snapped up director Nick Venables to run its local storage division, following a recent shake-up of the team. Warren Duke, the former head of storage at HP, was made channel boss of the business unit at the start of this month, among numerous other changes within the Enterprise Group …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nate Amsden

don't forget 3par 10k

HP doesn't even talk about the HDS stuff any more, haven't heard a peep about it in over a year now. You likely won't see it mentioned in even marketing literature (at least I haven't seen it mentioned again in more than a year).

They still sell it (though I'd be shocked if they hopped onto whatever is the next generation beyond VSP), but they would rather customers buy 3PAR of course.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: don't forget 3par 10k

Mainly because most customers simply don't need P9500. Back in the day, we (I work for HP) sold a lot of XP / P9500's into requirements where a large midrange solution would have sufficed ... cos we didn't have one. Now we have the best storage array around and 3PAR covers about 95% of the addressable market so if we have a cheaper solution, that delivers against all the customer requirements then clearly that is what we sell. Where P9500 really is still the right fit then we have that too.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't forget 3par 7k

Keep in mind also that those Gartner numbers for Q2 will only have just started to pick up the introduction of the new 3PAR 7000 series. If there is "a better mid-range product" I can't see where it's coming from, despite the marketing, certainly non of the big names have anything even close.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like