Disties have built cloudy aggregation platforms for channel types under the assumption they would come… but they are still waiting for mass adoption. It would seem that reseller solutions provider reseller demand for brokerage services, such as the one that Arrow ECS launched 18 months ago has been a little underwhelming. Some …
Vendor and Distributors are in the business of selling traditional product and software. Vendor and Distributor 'cloud service' offerings are a misnomer, they are simply bundled packages designed to fuel or drive stagnant product and software sales.
The threat to traditional manufacturers and Distributors has never been greater and only those that adapt and work within new technologies and models will survive. Acting like King Canute is folly.
Speaking as a reseller, no real incentives for me to sell the cloud
$40 per seat incentive from Microsoft to sell cloud services is simply not worth it for a small reseller. Maybe the larger resellers and project-oriented consulting firms can integrate the cloud into their webs of offerings. But I can make more money doing repairs and on-site troubleshooting or support.
Anyone for 'Cloud Mainstreaming'?
Anyone?... Anyone? ... What no takers? Damn! I better send the 'hype' bill to E Snowden and the Adobe / Linked-In hackers then...
- BT blames 'faulty router' for mega outage. Did they try turning it off and on again?
- Microsoft buys SwiftKey, Britain's 'stealthiest software startup'
- Health Secretary promises NHS £4.2bn to go 'digital'
- TalkTalk confesses: Scammers have data about our engineers' visits to your home
- Three: We won't hike prices if you say yes to £10.5bn O2 merger