back to article 2014: The year of the cloudy biz bankruptcy... or maybe it isn't?

Once again the channel has proved to be a hardy bunch as insolvencies remained pretty much stable in 2013, despite a meltdown in some areas of tech infrastructure spending. Some 293 resellers bit the dust in the previous calendar 12 months, versus 285 in the previous year: a 2.8 per cent rise. 66 hit the wall in Q4, up from 57 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hoping for the Cloud to burst

I am utterly fed up of loosing features only to have them replace by "Free for the first year" cloud apps.

Why can't I make a local backup on the medium of my choice?

Why should I login, plug in and stay connected to play a game?

I'll share my DVD collection as much as I damn well please!

Why should I broadcast my documents across the internet to a faceless organisation?

Also fed up of the constant hard sell.

Sorry, aimlessly ranting... think someones outsourced my meds to tik-taks

2. Chad H.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

The Problem with Clouds is there's nothing holding them up... they're supported by nothing but hot air.

3. The Godfather
    Meh

Meh....

Odd-looking summations. Irrespective of cloud, non-cloud,managed services or plain old reselling, businesses fail. If the shape of what people buy has changed and you're not able to match that expectation, you'll fail.

Clouds may well be up there due to hot air but they invariably will always be there and they have a habit of pissing on you from a great height...foolish to ignore them.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like