back to article PEX vex: Partners uninvited from the VMware party – report

VMware has reportedly asked at least two vendors – including Nutanix and Veeam – to "limit" their "presence" on the exhibition floor of the virtualisation juggernaut's Partner Exchange conference next week, prompting consternation in the storage community. The story, broken by CRN, has caused a Twitter frenzy and much chatter …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

*ahem*

Fucking clownshoes, VMware.

1. asdf

Re: *ahem*

Really even Microsoft isn't as pathetic in their ecosystem unless it really is an existential threat (or they think it is).

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

PEX is not about vendors

I have experienced some of the PEX events in the past and know that VMware likes to minimize the sales presence and focus more on the technology for VMware engineers and architects. Too much sales presence brings down the value of PEX for the participants. Many of these vendors have a history of flooding these events with too much sales influence. Not to say that these vendors in particular cause that behavior. I'm just speculating that VMware would rather even out the playing field in regards to sales presence. VMworld is more appropriate for that type of behavior. In my opinion, VMware experts get more out of PEX than VMworld because it's focused on advanced topics with less emphasis on sales.

1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Re: PEX is not about vendors

How very on message of you.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like