Cost-cutting Hitachi Data Systems has put a couple of senior execs on notice of redundancy, including UK and Ireland channel bigwig Neill Burton and veep for emerging markets Russell Hill. Staff were told about the potential redundancies yesterday, and promptly leaked it to The Channel. "The company has got to find further cost …
take the one out at the top and save 5 ~ 10 jobs below
"Burton - who joined HDS from Computacenter as veep for channels and alliances at the start of 2012"
IIRC one has to be employed for two full financial years these days before being eligible for a redundancy payment (or is it"just" two years?)
It'll be interesting to see what he and his fellows walk away with.
- Exclusive HP slaps dress code on R&D geeks: Bin that T-shirt, put on this tie
- Analysis Ballmer's billion-dollar blunders: When he gambled Microsoft's money and lost
- Blighty tablet sales plunge 31 per cent in saturated market
- Exclusive + analysis How to waste two years and lose $415m: Cisco's now-dead Whiptail deal
- Q. How much did Google just spend applying political pressure in the US? A. $4.6 million