Lanky Dragons' Den badass Peter Jones is edging closer to signing a deal to buy AIM-listed Expansys for a fraction of the price of some shares he placed on the market in 2010. The irascible tennis aficionado – Jones trained as a coach in his teens – launched an initial buy-out offer of £6.1m via PDJ Bidco in January, but upped …
So after posting losses in two out of the three full years since Jones took a seat on the board, it is little wonder that the Dragon wants to buy the whole business rather than uttering those fateful words, "I'm out".
There are two key skills an investor needs: Knowing when to invest and knowing when to get out. Only a fool continues to throw money into a business when there's no end in sight. I'm guessing Mr Jones believe there's still some worth in the business, and hence, a way to make his money back.
> I'm guessing Mr Jones believe there's still some worth in the business, and hence, a way to make his money back.
He's probably planning to do it all with RS232s....
I don't see what there is of value in Expansys, the brand isn't good and if I want a phone it's one of the last places I would think of trying.
Maybe 10 years ago it had some sort of purpose, but not in 2014.
Meh. I'd never heard of them before now.
- Superfish 2.0: Dell ships laptops, PCs with huge internet security hole
- Research: Microsoft the fastest growing maker of tablet OSs ... by 2019
- Windows 10 pilot rollouts will surge in early 2016, says Gartner
- Dell: How to kill that web security hole we put in your laptops, PCs
- Exclusive Oracle confesses to quietly axing its UK software support centre