back to article Apple finance overlord Oppenheimer: I love Apple, but I gotta get this pilot licence. See ya

Apple's chief bean counter Peter Oppenheimer – the man who has been a constant during Apple's dark pre-iPod days and amid the meteoric rise since – is to call it a day at the end of September. The Cupertino finance lord manages all the grey aspects of the colourful tech vendor's biz including treasury, information systems, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TitterYeNot

Flying skills

I'm sure Goldman Sachs want him for his gregarious personality and student pilot skills. <Coughs>

"To keep the holiday fund ticking over Oppenheimer has grabbed a seat on the board of Goldman Sachs, becoming the 13th member. He will serve on the firm's tax avoidance Audit, Risk, Compensation and Corporate Governance committees."

1. Tom Samplonius

Re: Flying skills

"To keep the holiday fund ticking over Oppenheimer has grabbed a seat on the board of Goldman Sachs..."

Sort of. Goldman Sachs director compensation is unusual. They pay directors 3000 shares per year, which they can't sell until after they've left the board (works out to about $450K to $500K per year). That also means that being a director is not great, if you need cash fast. Plus, it is peanuts comparison to what Oppenheimer made at Apple.

2. cd

Do I hear a bell tolling faintly?

3. Erwin SchrÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂöDinger
    Joke

Sad to See Oppenheimer go

He was da bomb.

Aaaaathangyoo.

4. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Happy that he is "taking time for himself and his family"

Yeah. That sounds sincere.

Come on, you're fooling nobody. He's being put out to pasture, end of. He's done his job, time to put a younger wolf to the task.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like