back to article Fanbois SQUEAL as DNS snafu knocks out iTunes website

Apple suffered a rare outage last night which knocked iCloud, iTunes and several other fruity websites off the internet. What do we check when the Apple System Status site is down?? pic.twitter.com/WShUJmPS7P — Nicolas Melo (@quackyduck) March 12, 2014 The problem has been put down to a DNS snafu, first noticed on Google …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

First Twitter, now Apple... the creatives will be crying into their lattes down at Starbucks...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Naaah. Real creatives drink beer, lots of beer. Your mixing us up with media luvvies.

1. Peter Mount

I don't know, the "media luvvies" I know are serious old school beer drinkers....

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

How dare people dispel the myths.

2. Steve Todd

Oh come on

A 1/2 hour outage for some users isn't a major incident. Mr Hamill is scraping the bottom of the barrel if that's the best he can do.

1. Jamie Jones Silver badge

Re: Oh come on

" A 1/2 hour outage for some users isn't a major incident. Mr Hamill is scraping the bottom of the barrel if that's the best he can do."

It is to them , though. That's the point - as typified by the quoted twitter post.

1. Steve Todd
        Stop

Twitter posts are now a measure of importance? How many twitter posts was this?

1. Jamie Jones Silver badge

Hey, I think it's stupid too, but it doesn't alter the fact that for many, the sky was falling in, and a lot of them read tech sites.

I wouldn't expect it to make BBC News, but the fact many will be in uproar is reason enough to be covered by a daily tech news site

2. Observer1959

Well he was the fanboi who squealed when he read it.

3. Ketlan
    Meh

Meh

"Apple suffered a rare outage last night which knocked iCloud, iTunes and several other fruity websites off the internet."

Oh dear, how sad, don't care.

4. commonsense

What do we check when the Apple System Status site is down??

Get on with your life?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: What do we check when the Apple System Status site is down??

twitter?

5. ForthIsNotDead

Meh

"Apple suffered a rare outage last night which knocked iCloud, iTunes and several other fruity websites off the internet."

Oh.

6. Lockwood

There was nothing wrong with the DNS entry.

You were just querying it wrong

7. ukgnome

Suggested title

Fanbois squeal at apple crumble

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

From iTunes to ByeTunes.

9. Nanners

I'm more upset

That Safari will not currently play sound cloud pages... But what ever

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Monitoring

If I did this my Icinga (ne Nagios) monitoring system would go berserk. Surely they have more monitoring than simply millions of Twatters ....

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just plain scheduled maintenance while we install the splitter bypass to our brand new Apple-doppelgänger portal. Nothing to see here, people, move along...

- love, the NSA

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like