back to article Outsourcer Atos outsources hardware, data centre refresh

Outsourcing monster Atos has thrown out the overhaul of its own tech infrastructure to Kelway in a five-year deal valued at £150m in total. The London-based reseller giant will refresh the desktop and data centre hardware estates at Atos' managed services biz in the UK and Ireland, and provide associated services. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Outsourcing cuts costs by employing less experienced people and by ensuring that any changes are done via a helpdesk. So the IT staff are busy almost 100% of the time.

Unfortunately it means that people on much higher salaries can't do their work 100% of the time as they have to wait hours for things to get done.

False economy.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"Outsourcing cuts costs by employing less experienced people"

Not necessarily. You can ensure qualifications, etc if you require it.

"and by ensuring that any changes are done via a helpdesk."

Great - exactly as it should be.

"So the IT staff are busy almost 100% of the time."

Wow, sounds good to me - no more company funded Doom fests - where do I sign up?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I've come to the conclusion that the UK is largely a management economy.

Every bit of work that is technical, or any bit of product creation is outsourced. The only jobs that never seem to get outsourced are management roles.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I feel sorry

For all those people on DLA, their outsourced system has been further outsourced to an even less qualified assesor

4. NogginTheNog
    Thumb Down

Eating their own dogfood?

I'm a little surprised to see an outsourcer getting another supplier in to work on their own internal systems? If I was a customer I'd be a little concerned about their faith in their own abilities to deliver?!

5. A Non e-mouse Silver badge

I heard of a public sector body that outsourced their whole IT division. They then outsourced the management of the outsourced contract.

6. The Godfather
    Paris Hilton

No.....you do it..

Never mind all that, Atos Origin insist on paying on 90 days....plus...wafer thin margins and needs Distribution support in extended terms...tricky.

An outsource business outsources again...

1. Dominion

Re: No.....you do it..

You know they dropped the 'Origin' 3 years ago??

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like