back to article Samsung wins right to delay UK appeal in Apple dispute

A UK court decision over whether European patents owned by Samsung are valid and have been infringed by its rival Apple has been delayed until other proceedings before the European Patent Office have been concluded. The Court of Appeal granted Samsung's application for a stay of the UK proceedings until the EPO decides whether …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. gerryg

Where are the Time Lords when you need them?

I'm fairly sure patent dispute shenanigans contravene the First Law of Time creating a distortion of history

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sounds like wanting to move or change the goal posts. So you claim a company infringes your patent but realise the patent may not hold up so you want to change it 'after' then continue to pursue the claim for infringement based on the revised patent - yeah - stinky?

1. Flocke Kroes Silver badge

Put the blame where it belongs

Patent law allows this insanity. Blame the lawyers who created it.

Personally I think Apple should have won this appeal, but with the following stipulations:

1) Apple have to pay court costs and Samsung's legal fees in advance.

2) All the resulting rulings are thrown in the bin when the changes to the patents have been accepted or denied.

Both sides win: Samsung (and the courts) do not have to pay for this complete waste of time and Apple's lawyers get to divert a few more millions of Apple's profits into their own pockets.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No one is fighting about that "crippled web patent" that 'Apple owns'

Yes, the one where only 1 browser tab is allowed to be live and the one where the fancy stuff is confined to iAds.

Ain't that deemed more important than fighting over all those round corners?

4. MooseNC

Meh?

"Lord Justice Kitchin"

Please tell me this judge comes into the room with his hands in the air while he yells out "Look what's cookin', bitches!!!"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like