back to article Bechtolsheim's baby Arista Networks heads toward IPO

Networking startup Arista Networks is filing for an IPO as the scrappy biz tries to wrestle share away from incumbents like Cisco and Juniper. The profitable upstart filed its S-1 form with the US Securities and Exchange Commission on Monday. Arista Networks' chairman is Andy Bechtolsheim, the co-founder of Sun Microsystems. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Its typical buyers are those that either have a need for great speed, such as financial institutions, or ones that run complex multi-tenant data centers, like service and cloud providers."

Why is Comcast listed as a customer then?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The small biz has distinguished itself by fielding pricey switches that have fearsome packets-per-second bandwidth capabilities and powerful control software.

I think you'll find that they're pricing is inline or better than the equivalent from Cisco or Juniper.

Also, please revise the use of the word "pegged", as any online source will gladly tell you it's alternative meaning.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. zinahewitt

Arista or what Cisco should be

Well, Arista started out as the low latency switch.

However in my experience they have been adopted lately by other clients.

The reason for their success though is their consistency.

A single OS, the OS is identical to the Cisco commands we are used to.

The base of the switch is linux so you can run your automation if you are big enough.

Clarity is another key for them.

While Cisco and others are playing with stacking, fabrics, FCoE . Arista is keeping it very simple and using the tried and tested items only. So none of the above are supported but what is supported works great.

If you want an idea of the pricing.

Try this.

http://arista-networks.blogspot.com/

They are not cheap, but then again I'd rather pay more to get a consistently good product than pay

less and have to spend on supporting it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like