back to article HP: We're holding nothing back from partners now, coos firm

The new, channel-friendlier HP - jolted into action by CEO Meg Whitman and losing the PC crown to Lenovo - is trying to help rather than hinder partners efforts to build global sales business with customers. A year ago Whitman told a gathering of resellers, integrators and providers of services at its global partner knees-up …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Pirate

Opening up foreign markets or our market to foreigners?

"....Kelway, Computacenter, Bechtle, SHI and CDW, which requested this type of service...." When I contracted there were plenty of borderline dodgy deals where UK resellers bought and configured kit in the UK for shipment to the Middle East and Africa, the usual reason/excuse being that there simply wasn't the skilled people "out there" to do the work at the far end (which was usually code for "we're getting a cost saving doing it in the UK"). I'm sure Kelway and co are thinking of all the lovely foreign contracts they can go chase now, but they don't seem to realise this potentially leaves them vulnerable to foreign companies as well. After all, I'm sure someone like WIPRO can order and configure kit in India using much cheaper integrators/consultants - for example, how much cheaper could it be to pre-build a private cloud in India and ship the completed racks to the UK?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like