back to article Son of Phillips: Northamber is not exiting Chessington HQ

The heir apparent to tech distie Northamber has insisted to El Chan the company is not going to exit the Chessington industrial estate that it calls home after all. As revealed by us yesterday, the Surrey-based distie submitted an application with Kingston Council's Planning Database on 23 March that would have permitted 28 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JetSetJim

I'd be surprised if the planners went for it - I grew up around there and there is not much around - nowadays the planners want walking distance to facilities (school, shop, doctors, etc..) in any new developments and that place is not reasonable walking distance to anything (although I did on many occasion wander past rather drunk after the last bus had finished - but at that stage of inebriation pretty much anything is walking distance). As for bus links, there used to be a bus service that went past, but it was rather infrequent and only used small buses as the roads around there have width restrictions. II suppose it's reasonable for the commuter to walk to the Waterloo-serving train station in Tolworth (just under a mile) (or Chessington North station) - parking is a bugger around those stations. If local industry is shrinking enough to warrant them investigating a residential conversion, then there are unlikely to be any jobs around in the area, either.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like