back to article IBM throws open doors of XaaS supermarket

IBM has thrown open the doors of its “cloud marketplace” a software-and-infrastructure-and-platform-as-a-service supermarket that offers its own and third party products. The marketplace has three main elements. The foundation is the familiar SoftLayer infrastructure-as-a-service service, which like rivals from AWS, Google, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"The foundation is the familiar SoftLayer infrastructure-as-a-service service"

Familiar to who exactly? No one here had ever heard of it before.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I've heard of it!

But your point remains valid - Just because I've heard of it, doesn't mean I'm familiar with it!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Lots of us in IBM have heard of it - mainly because it is so often touted as the Second Coming that will move us on from the uncompetitive, bureaucratic, steaming turds that have been Smart Cloud Enterprise and Smart Cloud Enterprise+. Except that the internal communications don't quite put it like that.

I suspect the usual suspects (Legal, Finance, Management, other Management, more Management) will try their best to fuck SoftLayer up too.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

SCE was a pile of poo. Softlayer rocks. Just don't touch it IBM and it will kick A**. So far so good, the only change has been a few changes to the Soflayer logo to include "an IBM company". Phew!

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

"an IBM company" is stage one before being "bluewashed". Watch this space as a large find and replace will inevitably happen

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like