back to article Sage's 63-year-old CEO says au revoir: 'Life's all about choices'

Seventeen-year company veteran and CEO Guy Berruyer has signalled his intent to hang up his boots from the end of March next year or sooner if a replacement in found beforehand. The man went public on his exit plan at the half-way point of the accountancy software developer's fiscal '14 numbers, that showed a near five per …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jim 59

Not ageist at all but...

...was there any reason for headlining Berruyer's unremarkable age ? And then opening the article with his equally humdrum 17 years of service ? Just askin'

2. Ivan Headache

If he'd been a woman it would have been obligatory

Also what colour dress she was wearing and how many children she had.

3. John Crisp

Ah so that explains their extortionate fees. Had to save up for his pension.

One of the most satisfying days of my life was to get rid of their mutton dressed as lamb sat on top of a yonks old database they couldn't be bothered to update.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Database

Database? It's bloody text files for most people. The MSSQL version is horrifically expensive for small firms.

Shit system and I'm looking forward to binning it soon along with ACT. I have wasted so much time trying to fix concurrent access to Line 50 (?), invariably disabling virus scanning on its files.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like