back to article OpenStack kingpin Rackspace hires bankers to help it mull 'inbound strategic proposals'

Rackspace has retained Morgan Stanley to help it evaluate "inbound strategic proposals". In other words, a partnership or acquisition is something that may lie in Rackspace's future, according to Bloomberg, which broke the news on Thursday. "Our board decided to hire Morgan Stanley to evaluate the inbound strategic proposals …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

fancy words..

.. which basically means "buy us please".

2. Guus Leeuw

Sorry to hear that

Dear Sirs,

I've used Rackspace now for the last 6 or so years. They are really fanatical about support and uptimes. Over the course of six years, only twice has a virtual server of mine had a problem due to underlying hardware failure. Outage due to hardware over the 6 years has been within the space of 1 hour... Really really incredible...

When support was needed to action something for me, they got onto it straight away. Raise a ticket, and go onto the chat and mention the ticket number, you're helped within the hour. I can't see HP/IBM doing that for small companies that value service for money.

If Rackspace is going to be bought, I sure hope the new owners will be made aware of the value of the support Rackspace delivers and that that is a big part of why Rackspace has a space amongst the rackers...

Just my $0.02, €0.02, or whatever currency your tuppence comes in these days,

Guus

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like